The Services We Provide
This Surgery Provides the Following Services:
- Consultations by 10 minute appointments
- Urgencies seen the same day
- Telephone consultations (by appointment)
- New patient clinic
- Antenatal clinic with the midwife
- Child Health Surveillance with Doctor and Health Visitor
- Immunisation Clinic (Health Visitor/Practice Nurse)
- Travel Vaccination clinic
- Cervical smear tests (Practice Nurse)
- A Chaperone of either sex is available for examinations
- Weight clinic
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Well man/Well woman clinic
- Family planning and prevention/contraception
- Asthma/Chest clinic
- Diabetes clinic
- Hypertension & heart disease clinic
- Liaison with District Nurse services
- In-House Gateway Worker (Mental Health)
- In-house Graduate Worker (Mental Health)
- In House Counsellor
- Private (non NHS) work e.g. Employment medicals, private notes, certificates
- DNA Paternity Testing (private)
- Medication reviews
- We are an approved Training Practice for 3rd, 4th & 5th year medical students, our practice has links with Manchester University and often we have medical students training in the practice. If you are unhappy seeing your GP when a student is present please inform the reception staff or your GP and the student will be asked to leave.
As part of our commitment to setting good standards we have:
- A Practice Charter
- In-house Complaints Procedure
- Access for Disabled
There are occasions, during your consultation, when you may require an examination by the Doctor or Nurse.
The Doctor or Nurse will explain the examination procedure and offer you the choice of having a chaperone present in the room during the examination.
You can request a chaperone for any examination and you can also request that a relative or friend attends with you.
If necessary a further appointment can be made for the examination to be carried out.
You may also decide that you do not want to have a chaperone present this will be recorded in your notes.
The Doctor or Nurse may, occasionally, request that a chaperone is present during an examination and may refuse to do the examination if you decline the chaperone.